Various updates to the Michael Hastings death:
- The story he was working on at the time of his death has been confirmed to have been on CIA director John Brennan. Cue the "ooo-oo-ooo" music. Per this Wikileaks email from 2010, Brennan was responsible for the crack down on journalists who the Obama administration didn't feel were being team players. Brennan is a life-long CIA man with the standard spooky background story, including a Jesuit education. Don't worry, this isn't an anti-Catholic rant, you'll have to go to Jordan Maxwell's site for that. Certain Catholic sects have been disproportionately represented in the government in the past, however, specifically the Knights of Malta. Former CIA bigshots and conspiratorial personalities like James Jesus Angleton, "Wild" Bill Donavan, the Dulles brothers, the Buckley brothers, William Casey, J. Peter Grace, Alexander Haig, and roughly two dozen more spooky personages have been members of this relatively small group. I don't have confirmation that Brennan is a member, but statistically it is more likely that he is than he isn't. Historically, KoM members have been ultra-conservative regardless of what party affiliation they may have, which is in keeping with what we've seen out of Brennan.
- Hastings was exceptionally paranoid during his final few days. As mentioned previously, he sent warnings to his employers that the FBI would be paying them a visit to ask about him, but his fears were more specific than that. Quoting from the article: "His [Hastings'] behavior grew increasingly erratic. Helicopters often circle over the hills, but Hastings believed there were more of them around whenever he was at home, keeping an eye on him. He came to believe his Mercedes was being tampered with. One night in June, he came to [his friend] Thigpen's apartment after midnight and urgently asked to borrow her Volvo. He said he was afraid to drive his own car.[emphasis mine]" It's difficult to be more specific than that. Again, echoes of Princess Di's belief that Phillip and Charles would attempt to kill her by tampering with her car.
- As you've probably seen shouted at you from dozens of headlines, Hastings had drugs in his system at the time of the crash. This has caused many people to immediately cry, "See! No conspiracy here! Another dead junkie!" But if you actually read the police report, the truth is much different than what the headlines would have you believe. The autopsy report states that there were traces of methamphetamine and marijuana (which he had a prescription for) in his blood, BUT it was "unlikely to have an intoxicative effect at the time of the accident." So, no, drugs actually aren't the reason he crashed, but the media is working overtime to paint him as a habitual drug user who died while intoxicated. Per the police report, the entirety of the case for Hastings being a current drug user is based on the statements (not made under oath) of an as-yet-unnamed male. This person hasn't made a public appearance yet, despite the flurry of attention the case got immediately after the death. I shouldn't have to remind anyone that "scruples," "morals," and "professionalism" are words rarely used in conjunction with the LAPD, and perhaps I'll dedicate a future post to the long history of corruption in the department.
- There's this. For lack of a better term, this is some straight-up bullshit, y'all. If my dog had died, I'd be considerably more upset than Jordan, who sounds like she's there to read local traffic reports or high school football scores. Keep in mind this is a woman who previously had said she would do anything to "bring down the people who did this to her husband," and now she's referring to the death of her spouse as "unlucky." Weird. If any of you can figure this out, please let me know because I'm dumbfounded.
In other news:
- The family of a former soldier has given British authorities information that has led to a partial reopening of the investigation of Diana's death. Time will tell if it is anything substantial, but one would have to imagine that the information would need to be both plausible and from a credible source to warrant looking into something that the whole of the British establishment would like to put behind them.
- Cattle Mutilations are back! Most people have forgotten, but cattle mutilations were a big deal from 1969 to the 1990s but they had faded away in recent years. They are back in a big way however: Missouri woman dumbfound, willing to consider aliens. Michael Snyder says they're happening all over America. Mutilations reported in Trinidad, CO; ironically a hot-spot for "mutes" back in the 70s. In a bizarre bit of synchronicity, I recently picked up a copy of "Mute Evidence" at a used bookstore. It's one of the few books on the topic, and I was only about a third of the way through when these stories started appearing again.
- "Super smart" teen disappears in aptly named Riddle, AZ. I always follow missing persons cases, so I'll be keeping an eye on this one.